Thursday, February 3, 2011

Penticton Wedding Photography - Amanda & Brandon


The thing I love about the new year is that I have the time to look through the last years shoots and pull out some that have been stuck in my mind, calling for me to come back to them. This one of Amanda just struck me because of her youthful carefree joy on her wedding day. I loved how the sunlight was bringing her hair to life, and how her movement was like she was at spring dance in a field ( even though we were at a beach in Penticton B.C.) Then I found this poem by Peter Warlock, Yarmouth Fair 1924 and Amanda seemed to embody the girl in the poem. These are the words in the Image...

Yarmouth Fair


As I rode down to Yarmouth fair
The birds they sang "Good day, good day,"
And the birds they sang "Good day!"
O, I spied a maid with golden hair
A-walking along my way -
A tidy little maid so trim and fair,
And the birds they sang "Good day, good day,"
And the birds they sang "Good day!"
I said: "My dear, will you ride with me?"
And the birds they sang, "Go on, go on!"
And the birds they sang "Go on!"
She didn't say "yes" and she didn't say "no,"
And the birds they sang "Heigh ho, heigh ho!"
And the birds they sang "Heigh ho!"
I lifted her right on to my mare,
O light as a feather was she,
I'd never set eyes on a girl so fair,
So I kiss'd her bravely one, two, three,
O I kiss'd her one, two, three.
Then on we rode to Yarmouth fair
Past field and green hedge-row,
And in our hearts no fret nor care,
And the birds they sang "Hullo, hullo!"
And the birds they sang "Hullo!"
At the fair the fun was fast and free,
And the birds they sang "Hurray, hurray!"
And the birds they sang "Hurray!" 
The band struck up a lively air
On fiddle and fife and drum.
The maid and me we made a pair,
And we danced to kingdom come,
Ho-ho! And we danced to kingdom come.
The lads and lasses cheer'd us on,
My bonny maid and me, we danced till stars were in the sky,
And the birds they sang "Goodbye, goodbye!"
And the birds they sang "Goodbye!"

By Peter Warlock 1894-1930

No comments:

Post a Comment